- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Meetings, and click Schedule a Meeting.
- Select the meeting options. Note there are other options displayed that are not necessary to change or are greyed out because they are set as default in our district.
- Topic: Enter a topic or name for your meeting.
- Description: Enter in an optional meeting description.
- Use a template: Apply a meeting template.
- When: Setting a time is not needed, and has no impact on when a meeting can actually start. You can leave this alone. What matters is checking off recurring meeting as described below.
- Recurring meeting: Check this button, we want a recurring meeting.
- Recurrence: Select No Fixed Time.
- Meeting options
- Allow participants to join before start time: Disabled be default and cannot be changed.
- Mute participants on entry: If join before host is not enabled, mute participants as they join the meeting. Participants can unmute themselves after joining the meeting.
- Breakout Room pre-assign*: Cannot be done in our district.
- Automatically record meeting: Select if you want to record On the local computer or In the cloud.
- Alternative hosts: Enter the email address of another Zoom user who is Licensed, on your account to allow them to start the meeting in your absence.
- Click Save to finish.
Once finished, you can either select a calendar option to add the scheduled meeting to your calendar or select Copy The Invitation to send out the invitation to your Zoom meeting.
Copy the Invitation will open up a window where you can copy the full invitation to send out via email or post on Canvas. Only the URL is needed for someone to join the meeting.