Nearpod allows teachers to create and deliver interactive slides, interactive videos, and gamification & activities to students while collecting data and insights into student understanding – all in one place. There are lots of ways to get started creating in Nearpod. In this article, you will learn how to build a Nearpod with interactive slides, formative assessments, dynamic media, gamification, or activities within the Nearpod platform.
1. From your My Library page, click “Create”, then select “Lesson”.
2. If you are starting with an existing PowerPoint, Google Slides, PDF, or other resources, upload them now by drag and dropping the file, or by clicking “Upload Files” in the center of the screen. For more details on uploading existing articles, read this article.
3. To add activities and media to your lesson, click “Add Content & Activities”.
Next, choose from a variety of content and question options. For a complete list of Nearpod’s formative assessments and media types, along with a how-to for each feature, view this article.
3. At any time, you can select a slide, then click the “Preview” button to view that slide the way it will appear to students during your lesson.
4. Once you are finished adding activities and media to your lesson, click on the pencil in the top left to name your lesson, and if you’d like, provide the subject and grade. Press submit to save your lesson details.
4. After editing your lesson details and completing your lesson, click “Save & Exit” to save your lesson and return to My Library.